BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Jobs & Training Needed Documents
How do I apply for Medical Assistance (Medicaid)?

To save you time, an EarnBenefits Counselor can let you know if you might qualify for Medical Assistance (Medicaid) and other benefits. To find a counselor near you, click here.

Or you can apply for Medical Assistance at your local Family Investment Center (DSS Office Locations). You can apply for Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), Food Stamps, and Purchase of Child Care (POC) at the same time you complete your application for Medical Assistance. After you submit your application, you or a member of your household will need to be interviewed by a Family Investment Center representative.

You'll find out if you qualify for Medical Assistance within 30 days of submitting your application.

What do I Need to Bring?
To apply for this benefit, you will need:
  • Identification for yourself and the people in your household
  • Proof of address
  • Proof of citizenship or immigration status for yourself and the people in your household
  • Proof of your household’s income
  • Proof of your household’s resources
  • Insurance benefit card or insurance policy number (if any member of your household has health insurance)
  • Medicare Benefit Card (if any member of your household has one)
If you dont have regular pay stubs to prove your income, see alternatives here.

The needed documents section lists all the forms and documents you can use to prove your household's income, resources, where you live, your social security number, your citizenship or immigration status, etc.