BaltimoreGeorgiaMemphisNew York City
Section En
Health Children & Families Tax Credits Housing & Utilities Community Resources Jobs & Training Needed Documents
How do I apply for Rental Allowance?

You can apply for the RAP by contacting the following individuals at these local administering agencies: FOR BALTIMORE CITY:
Frank Williams
(443) 423-6001
Baltimore City Dept. of Social Services
2000 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
OR Corliss Alston or Zachary Parker
(443) 984-2222
Housing Authority of Baltimore City
Dept. of Rental and Assisted Housing
1221 W. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21223

Marcia Poag
(410) 887-3937 or (410)853-3000, press option 2
Office of Community Conservation
2nd Floor
6401 York Road
Baltimore, MD 21212

What do I Need to Bring?
To apply for this benefit, you will need:
  • Photo Identification
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Income (e.g. pay stubs, award letters)
  • Social Security Card
  • Referral from state agency or Red Cross
If you donít have regular pay stubs to prove your income, see alternatives here.

The needed documents section lists all the forms and documents you can use to prove your household's income, resources, where you live, your social security number, your citizenship or immigration status, etc.